Free Software & Open Technologies
The department for Free Software & Open Technologies of the TIS innovation park South Tyrol is responsible for the support of innovation projects in the field of ICT through the use of Free Software & Open Technologies.
The goal of the department Free Software & Open Technologies is to increase competitiveness and efficiency of the industry and public administrations through the use of innovative information technology.
- Neutrality and “super-partes” role thanks to the institutional nature of the TIS innovation park
- Consolidated network of contacts with companies, institutions, universities and the world of research
- Collaboration with an international community of experts
- Up-to-date overview of international industry and research projects state-of-art
- Constant updates on industry news from the technological and normative point of view (approvals and incentives) and business opportunities
The department for Free Software & Open Technologies is aimed primarily at local government and companies, at those interested in using innovative information technology to increase efficiency and competitiveness. Free Software & Open Technologies aims to be a facilitator for R&D initiatives in the field of ICT that involve public and private sectors, with the collaboration of research institutions. Other initiatives, such as conferences and seminars are dedicated to a wider audience.